The Dos and Don’ts of Lesbian Dating
Sometimes it is easy to forget how to approach another person when courting. Here are a few simple tips to follow while just starting to date:
- Do not assume. Ask direct questions without being pushy, the last thing you want is to offend the person you like.
- Do not overshare. We are all guilty of saying too much at times, so put the brakes on it, if the info is concerning an ex, bad experience or family.
- Do not be intrusive. Remember about asking questions? Try to keep them focused on hobbies, likes, dislikes, do not go too much into family, politics, or medical history right away.
Yes, there are a few rules when it comes to a relationship with a woman. So, here are a few to take note of:
- Do make compliments. Mention her hair, outfit, features, focus on all the positives you see in her. A great way to compliment is to talk about her smile, eyes, but if you want to sex it up a bit - all the power to you!
- Do listen. Try not to talk about yourself constantly. Being a great listener goes a long way in a relationship. All women appreciate a good conversation, so being an active listener and paying attention will certainly make a great impression on your partner.
- Do follow up. If you went on a date, message her or even video call her to say how great it was!
A Great Lesbian Relationship
If you are just starting a relationship, please discuss whether you are both out of the closet. If you are, fine, but if not - be safe about your relationship. Also, bring up past encounters and whether you are on the same page about getting tested to keep each other healthy and safe.
If you are coming off a recent breakup, especially if it is fairly fresh - wait a bit prior to starting something new. In a case where you are also coming out it may even cause confusion among yourself, relatives, friends as well as potentially new partners. Try to cut all the loose ends before a new relationship with a woman. This is a common courtesy to the new person in your life. So, leaving your past in the past will go a long way for the both of you. Being single and available definitely means being free. So, cut off the past and start fresh.